Business South are currently recruiting for a Marketing Executive to join the team on a part-time basis (20-25 hours per week). Based at the Solent Business Centre in Southampton, but with hybrid working flexibility, this is an ideal role for someone looking to harness their creativity, communications and organisational skills to help raise the profile of Business South, Enterprise South and the Central South region through a range of marketing campaigns.
This role is suitable for someone looking to work on a flexible, part-time basis.
Business South is a business engagement organisation that works with leading employers from the public and private sector including education to collaboratively promote the Central South Region for investment, trade and talent.
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Hours: Part-time (20-25 Hours per week) – Flexible, hybrid working
Salary: £20k FTE
• Confident working autonomously as well as part of a larger team
• Experience of creating engaging content for websites/social media
• Knowledge of planning and implementing effective B2B marketing campaigns
• Experience using analytics and reporting tools
• A proactive approach and a team player
• Familiarity of website CMS systems such as WordPress
• Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software (an advantage but not essential)
• Knowledge of using Canva, Mailchimp, Survey Monkey and social media scheduling tools such as Hootsuite (an advantage but not essential)
• Knowledge of CRM systems such as Salesforce (an advantage but not essential)
• Driving licence and own vehicle
Supported by the Marketing Manager and Business South Team the responsibilities will include (but not limited to) the following:
• Working with the Marketing Manager to deliver a comprehensive marketing and communications plan/schedule to help promote all Business South and Enterprise South activities and events.
• Assisting in developing and managing the Business South social media platforms.
• Delivering marketing and communication benefits to our clients (Champions) as part of the Champion programme, including but not limited to: website management, publishing news and events, social media engagement, relationship building and dealing with questions and issues from Champions.
• Supporting with the updates and development of the ‘Succeed in the South’ website portal – as well as promoting the site across social media channels.
• Monthly reporting of Social media and website performance using analytics.
• Providing recommendations on customer navigation around the Business South and Succeed in the South sites and determining improvements to increase data capture.
• Assisting with organising content and graphics for promotional materials online and offline
• Researching and liaising with suppliers.
• Communicating with external companies (Champions) to gather relevant information for the websites.
• Assist in maintaining SEO using latest techniques and additions.
• Opportunity to attend and support at high-profile Business South events.
To apply for this role, please send you CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st May 2023.