1 July 2019 Fareham Borough Council leader takes on new role
Fareham Borough Council Leader, Cllr Seán Woodward, has been appointed Chairman of the Hampshire & Isle of Wight Local Government Association (HIOWLGA)
The committee brings councils and associations across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight together and acts as a forum where they can work together and assist each other with their duties and functions.
HIOWLGA aims to promote the interests of local government in Hampshire and the Isle of Wight and to act as a central body where councils and associations can pursue issues of common concern.
Cllr Woodward’s appointment is for a year and he will head up the committee which meets quarterly.
The committee is made up of:
- Leaders and Chief Executives of Local Authorities in Hampshire and Isle of Wight
- Hampshire Police & Crime Commissioner
- Hampshire Constabulary
- Hampshire Fire & Rescue Authority
- Hampshire Hospitals Foundation Trust
- New Forest National Park Authority
- South Downs National Park Authority
- The Hampshire Association of Parish and Town Councils
- The Isle of Wight Association of Parish and Town Councils
Cllr Woodward said: “I am delighted to have been appointed Chairman of the HIOW LGA and look forward to continuing to work with my colleagues from across the region.”