On Thursday, Carswell Gould competed in The Gallagher Cup, part of Southampton Sailing Week, where it finished on the podium, in third place overall. The winning yacht was crewed by the Gallagher Insurance team. With such a big part of Carswell Gould’s history being forged in the marine industry, it was an obvious choice for the agency to get behind this particular initiative from sports event firm Rees Leisure.
Carswell Gould’s crew was led by Creative Director Ed Gould, who has a distinguished history of taking part in challenge events on the water, these include the Gore-Tex Arctic Challenge, where he was part of a crew who took a rigid inflatable boat (RIB) from the UK to the arctic circle.
The team was made up of CEOs and marketing directors of global brands from the agency’s client base. Ed Gould said: “We’ve always loved getting out on the water and marine and maritime marketing is a huge part of our DNA, so it’s brilliant to let some of our clients from further afield experience the thrill of racing on the Solent, some of the best racing water in the world, which is right on our back door.”
The crew of HMS Carswell Gould was made up of:
- Ed Gould, Creative Director, Carswell Gould
- Gareth Miller, Managing Director, Carswell Gould
- Joe Farthing, Digital Artworker, Carswell Gould
- Mary Harrison, Marketing Director, Hexagon
- Nick Gallagher, CEO, The Solicitors’ Charity
- Martin Baynes, CEO, British Institute of Professional Photography
- Tyrone Schiefner, Product Marketing Manager, Rentokil Initial
- Tim Keeping, General Manager, Workman LLP
Mary Harrison said: “It was so exciting to experience sailing with the team from Carswell Gould, like every occasion they make it fun and informative and with tons of value. We even came up with some great ideas for our next campaign.”
For more information on Southampton Sailing Week, head to the event’s website www.southamptonsailingweek.co.uk. If you want to find out more about CG Adventures and the agency itself go to www.carswellgould.co.uk.