Eastleigh College is delighted to announce that following the release of national government data, it has ranked 1st in Hampshire and 10th nationally against all other 6th form and further education colleges for its student achievement rates.
The national rankings, which are released annually, look in detail at the number of students who attend a 6th form or further education college, and the percentage of their learners who go on to achieve their qualification. Based on this data, the College is delighted to announce that it has ranked as follows:
- #1 College in Hampshire for student achievement in the all ages and aged 16-18 categories
- #10 College in the Country for student achievement in the all ages category
- #3 Nationally for English and Maths for student achievement in the all ages and all levels categories
- #4 Nationally for Education and Training for student achievement in the all ages category
- #9 Nationally for Business, Administration and Law for student achievement in the all ages category
- #10 FE College Nationally for Health, Public Services and Care for student achievement in the all ages category
Commenting on the immense success achieved by all, Paul Cox, Chief Executive and Principal Designate at Eastleigh College added “Our position is a real testament to the quality of the team here and I would personally like to extend my thanks and gratitude to them all.”
“The core principles of the College centre around excellence and opportunity for all, so we are delighted to see that this is now recognised nationally through this government data.”
The national rankings become the latest accolade in a whole host of successes that Eastleigh College has recently received. This includes national awards and commended status for its GCSE results, innovative courses, employer engagement projects and student support. The College was also named Training Provider of the Year at the national ACR awards in January.
Paul Cox added, “We will continue to strive for the highest levels of achievement and I am immensely proud of the ambition shown by learners and staff over the past two years. This ambition is shining through during these times of uncertainty, as the whole college has quickly adapted to new ways of working, whilst continually looking for new ways to improve further. I look forward to extending this success long into the future.”
For more information on the range of Eastleigh College courses available to learners of all ages, please browse this website. Alternatively, to see how our staff and learners are adapting to new ways of working during lockdown, visit us on facebook and instagram.