Responsible South Breakfast Briefing
Southampton Football Club, St Mary's Stadium, Britannia Road, Southampton, SO14 5FP
Business South invites Champion CEOs and Directors looking to enhance organisational reputation by discussing ‘Responsible South’, a new Business South initiative that looks to bring together and support businesses interested in the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals
*Champion Only Event*
In 2016, the United Nations Global Compact introduced the Sustainable Development Goals as a universal call to action to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure that all people enjoy peace and prosperity. These goals encourage businesses to act responsibly and to innovate around sustainability to become the business leaders of tomorrow.
- Mark Smith, Chief Executive of Southern Co-op and Ambassador for Responsible South, will demonstrate the value of responsible business both to the organisation and wider society
- Steve Kenzie, Executive Director of the UN Global Compact Network UK, will discuss what the Sustainable Development Goals mean in practice and the actions responsible businesses of all sizes can take to achieve them
Workforce South, one of Business South’s Action Groups, will share the Community Involvement Toolkit, a guide that gives businesses actionable ideas to help them support their local community.
The briefing will give all attendees the opportunity to network with like-minded peers and to discuss issues and successes around sustainable development.
About the speakers:
Steve Kenzie is the Executive Director of the UN Global Compact Network UK, a group of businesses, NGOs and government representatives committed to the UN’s corporate responsibility framework.
Mark Smith is the Chief Executive of The Southern Co-op. He was appointed by HRH in July 2016 as the Responsible Business Ambassador for the South East and is an active member on the responsible business front through his involvement with the BITC. Mark has a passion to bring together like minded businesses of all types to catalyse the South in leading the way on Responsible Business, whilst bringing benefits, such as attracting talent, to the region.
- Steve Kenzie UN Global Compact Network UK Executive Director
- Mark Smith The Southern Co-op Chief Executive
- Shirley Anderson Chair of the Business South Workforce South Action Group
Champion Ticket Price: £ One complimentary ticket (additional tickets £40.00 plus vat)
*Payable by credit card at the time of booking.
Sponsorship opportunities are available, please contact Leigh-Sara on 07506 742214 or email@example.com