Fareham Borough Council is pledging its support for the refugees currently fleeing Ukraine by collecting donations at its Civic Offices.
Donations from local residents are being collected at the Council’s main reception area and suggested donations include:
- First aid supplies such as paracetamol, ibuprofen, aspirin, face masks, hand gels and dressings.
- Food items such as Ovaltine, hot chocolate, protein bars, porridge, oats and any non-perishable food products. Baby milk and baby food (including that for allergic and lactose intolerant babies). Cat and dog food.
- Clothing items such as hats, scarves, gloves or thermals for adults, children and babies.
- Men’s and ladies’ underwear (all sizes, must be brand new)
- Other essential items such as nappies, wet wipes, baby toiletries, sanitary towels, toiletries, blankets, foam mats and sleeping bags, torches and batteries and thermos flasks.
For those who would like to donate financially, below is a list of charities collecting for the Ukraine Crisis:
- British Red Cross – to provide food, water, medical supplies, clothes and shelter
- UNICEF – to help protect children
- International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW) – to provide pet food, veterinary supplies and wages for daily care staff at their partner Ukraine animal shelters.
Executive Leader of Fareham Borough Council, Cllr Seán Woodward, said: “I utterly condemn the horrific attacks taking place currently in Ukraine which has been invaded by the despotic president Putin’s Russia. The Council, like many of our local residents, would like to help those affected in any way we can. We have therefore set up a donation point at the Civic Offices as we are ideally placed to collect and forward these donations to ensure they reliably get to those most in need.”