Havant Borough Council is responsible for services such as bin collections, collecting council tax, housing, planning applications, environmental health, parks, community centres, and more
Constitution of the council
The constitution of the council sets out exactly how the council operates, how decisions are made and the procedures which are followed to ensure that these are efficient, transparent and accountable to local people.
- During 2017-18 a total of nine companies within the borough were supported with almost £500,000
- 290 new homes were built in the borough of which 96 (33% of new homes) were registered social landlord homes
- 10 local people benefitted from apprenticeship training in 2017-18 with an initial £60,000 invested
- During 2017-18 we continued the Council Tax freeze and provided quality services.
- Community infrastructure levy spending was agreed with more than £1m earmarked to improve the area.
You can find more of our achievements and strategies in our annual report.