South Western Railway is preparing to introduce a new timetable on 11th December 2022. The new timetable will provide sufficient capacity to cover current and forecast demand, while making a series of changes to improve customer journeys.
From December, improvements will include:
- Improved distribution of services of fast services from London to Twickenham, Feltham, Staines
- Improved distribution of services from London to Portsmouth in the off-peak, giving faster journey times to London from Liss and Liphook
- London Waterloo to Portsmouth Harbour (via Eastleigh) services call at Farnborough and Fleet in the PM peak providing 3 trains per hour to these stations
- Restoration of 2 trains per hour at Farncombe including direct links to Clapham Junction
- Improved PM peak connections at Ash Vale onto services towards Camberley
Steve Tyler, Performance and Planning Director for South Western Railway, said:
“This new timetable will broadly maintain current service levels across our network, while delivering more consistent and efficient service for our customers, based on close scrutiny of current travel patterns.
“We are confident our service levels adequately meet current demand on the network but will continue to monitor changes in customer flows to adapt with agility where funding can be secured.”
Current demand for SWR services passenger continues to remain below the network’s available capacity. In the last 6 months, overall customer numbers have stabilised at around 69% of pre-pandemic levels, with peak travel at only 53%.
The new timetable starts on Sunday 11th December. Train times can now be viewed in journey planners at: www.southwesternrailway.com/plan-my-journey and will be published on our website at least four weeks prior to introduction.