The RMT union has announced that they will be taking industrial action on:
- Tuesday 21 June 2022
- Thursday 23 June 2022
- Saturday 25 June 2022
With Network Rail signallers and more than 2,100 SWR RMT members taking industrial action, SWR will run a dramatically reduced timetable on strike days, with significant parts of the network closed.
A late-starting Sunday level of service will operate across the network on 22, 24 and 26 June, and customers are urged only to travel by rail if absolutely necessary between 21 and 26 June.
We are sorry for the disruption these strikes will cause and thank you for your patience and understanding as the rail industry works to bring this damaging nationwide action to an end.
What does this mean for my journey?
Strike days – Tuesday 21, Thursday 23 and Saturday 25 June
- A severely limited service will run between 07:15 and 18:30 on some routes, with the rest of the network closed
- Where trains are running, they are expected to be very busy
- As a result, you are urged not to travel by rail unless absolutely necessary
- You can find out where and when we will be running trains here
- Journey planners will be updated 2-4 days before the first strike day and you should check before you travel
- Find out more about the impact of the industrial action via our FAQs page
Further info can be found here